to the Rector's Order No. 462/1
of 17 April 2008
for interaction between the divisions of the Federal State Institution of Higher Professional Education
Saint-Petersburg State University ?
and the Public Relations Office.
1. These Regulations shall lay down the procedures for socially important information to be submitted by the faculties, offices and other divisions of the Federal State Institution of Higher Professional Education St. Petersburg State University? (hereinafter the University) to the Public Relations Office (hereinafter the Office) for the purpose of its distribution in mass media (hereinafter the Media), including the Internet,? as well as rules for communication of the University employees with the Media when performing their employment duties at the University.
2. With the aim of developing a unified information policy of the University and ensuring effective cooperation between the University divisions and the Office in cooperation with the Media, heads of the University divisions shall appoint administrators responsible for collection and distribution of information.
3. The information about employees of the University divisions who are responsible for cooperation with the Office, including their office telephone numbers and email addresses, is to be duly submitted to the Office.
4. Standalone divisions shall submit information about all events held, on a weekly basis. In this case the notifications of events to be held in the coming week shall be submitted on Wednesday of the current week at the latest.
5. Standalone divisions shall without fail submit the following information to the Office:
5.1. Information about scientific conferences, seminars and other academic and educational events;
5.2. Information about research papers that have scientific and social value;
5.3. Information about new education programs and specialties;
5.4. Information about achievements of students, graduates, members of the academic staff and other employees of the University taking part in events held by external organisations;
5.5. Information about various aspects of the divisions' activities, influencing the University rating both in Russia and abroad.
6. The University divisions have the right to submit any other information they consider important enough to be communicated to the general public.
7. The information submitted to the Office in accordance with articles 4, 5, 6 herein shall be presented to the Office in writing and signed by the head of the division, with a digital copy of the document attached.
8. Control over collection and quick submission of information to the Office is exercised by the heads of respective University divisions.
9. Rules for communication of separate employees and divisions with the Media are as follows:
9.1. The University employees appearing on behalf of the University in the Media (television and radio programs or materials (interviews and articles) for newspapers or Internet publication) when performing their employment duties with the University, shall provide quick notification about these activities to the head of their division and to the Office.
9.2. When a University division gets a media request for information, the head of the division in question shall do the following :
9.2.1. Give quick notification to the Office;
9.2.2. Arrange preparation of the necessary information;
9.2.3. Ensure compulsory coordination with the Media of the direct and indirect speech of the interviewee before the publication.
10. These Regulations shall not specify the procedures for publishing scientific articles.